FFmpegOut is a Unity plugin for offline rendering that records and exports rendered frames in Unity to a video file by using FFmpeg as a video encoder. An update has added ProRes4444 and lossless h264 varieties for perfect colorspace matching with video graphics.
The main scope of FFmpegOut is to reduce rendering time when using Unity for pre-rendering. It greatly reduces the amount of file I/O compared to exporting raw image sequences, so that it can be an effective solution when the bandwidth is the most significant bottleneck. On the other hand, FFmpegOut is not optimized for real-time capturing. It’s not strongly recommended to use it in an interactive application.
- H.264 Default (MP4) – Highly optimized encoder with a moderate quality and a mid-level bit rate. Recommended for general use.
- H.264 Lossless 420 (MP4) – Not actually lossless but the quality is high enough for most use cases. Recommended for pre-rendering use.
- H.264 Lossless 444 (MP4) – The highest quality preset. Most software can’t decode videos encoded with this preset (e.g. Premiere crashes when importing them).
- ProRes 422 (QuickTime) – ProRes is an intra-frame codec that is gradually phased out but still widely used in video editing. The ProRes codec used in FFmpeg is not aggressively optimized so that it tends to be slower than other codecs.
- ProRes 4444 (QuickTime) – Only this preset supports alpha channel. Use this when you needs alpha channel for composition in editing software (Premiere, After Effects, etc.).
- VP8 (WebM) – Very low bit rate encoding, optimized for web browser use.
Realtime for iClone is a facial tracking application powered by Faceware Technologies that communicates solely with Reallusion’s iClone 7. Realtime for iClone helps Reallusion empower indie developers and professional studios with tools for real-time facial motion capture and recording. Fast, accurate, and markerless–all from a PC webcam.
Apparently this requires two purchases, in addition to iClone 7 and Character Creator 2:
- iClone Facial Mocap Plug-in for Faceware ($599)
- Faceware Realtime for iClone ($599)
Add one more purchase :3DXchange 7 Pipeline if you want to export the figures or animations out of the iClone universe.
No one ever claimed iClone or it’s attractive Character Creator is cheap, but un-surprisingly many software bundles can be purchased through Reallusion for a constantly fluctuating discount:
With UMotion Community you can create as many animations as you like using the well known forward kinematics approach. All basic features like Root Motion, Animation Events,… are included.
With UMotion Professional you’re able to import and edit animations created in external applications (including motion capture animations). With the Inverse Kinematics and the Child-Of constraint you can create good looking animations even faster.
► [PRO] Import Mocap and 3rd Party Animations (from the Asset Store or any modeling application)
► [PRO] Constraint System (Inverse Kinematics, Child-Of and Custom Property)
► Bone Animations (useful for characters, creatures,…)
►Transform Animations (useful for not rigged models like most guns on the Asset Store)
► Animate in Play Mode (play the game, pause to edit the animation and continue playing)
► Humanoid, Generic and Legacy Animations
► Root Motion
► Animation Events
► Detailed Documentation
► Video Tutorials
A handful of assets from OTOY appeared in the Unity Asset Store to announce Octane for Unity, including the import of Octane orbx scenes, pathtraced light baking, and an emmisive shader. Octane is a GPU renderer that requires Nvidia’s CUDA technology. 25+ 3D applications can send scenes to Octane Render. Octane and Unity2017 are required.
“OctaneRender for Unity is now available in preview, demonstrating physically accurate rendering for the first time inside of the game engine. The release is the first phase of a partnership that will bring a GPU-accelerated rendering pipeline into Unity, delivering cinematic path-tracing to Unity’s new scene composition tools, Timeline and Cinemachine. This powerful storytelling toolkit will enable millions of Unity creators worldwide to compose beautiful, film quality scenes and sequences.”