Archive For The “Software” Category
TopoGun is a stand-alone resurfacing, and maps baking application. The resurfacing functions in TopoGun will help you modify and/or recreate the edgeflow of your digital 3D models. The maps baking functions, will help you bake various types of texture maps from your high resolution 3D models and then allow you to apply them to your newly created optimized meshes. These texture maps contain information that will help you recover the appearance and features of the original high resolution mesh.
TopoGun is a standalone application available for Windows, OS X, and Linux operating systems. TopoGun licenses are cross-platform and after buying one, TopoGun can be installed on any of these operating systems. Topogun is $100
Neoglyphic Entertainment Launches NeoFur for Unity: 20% Launch Sale for December 2016.
The award-winning NeoFur plugin to create dynamic, realistic fur and fuzzy surfaces for console, PC, cinematic, mobile and VR/AR now available to Unity developers. Previously available only on Unreal Engine 4 and in closed beta for Unity, NeoFur is an easy-to-use, in-editor tool that simplifies the creative process for developers. The tool allows authoring of high quality, fully dynamic fur (or short fibers) in real-time. NeoFur enables developers to tackle the creation of often challenging furry and fibrous characters, objects, and soft textures at an authenticity level that has never been achieved in a real-time engine.
Features available now in Unity and Unreal:
• Simple: Use an authored morph target or blendshape to control the “extents” of your shells—as simple as modeling the “shape” you want your fur to take.
• Traditional: Use authored Splines from traditional hair and fur authoring solutions to drive shell growth.
• Physics can be simulated via Compute Shader or a Software mode
• Physics parameters such as gravity, stiffness, etc. are controllable by the user
• Physics support for Engine—specific Wind and Radial forces
• Our shells can both receive and cast dynamic shadows
• Multiple methods for base coloring via Texture mapping, Root-to-tip color values, Gradient map sampling, and more.
• Rim lighting, Ambient Occlusion, Scattering, and advanced Specular controls.
• Ability to add random variance to per-strand scattering, per-strand tangents for specular breakup, etc.
Additional features available in NeoFur 2.0 for Unreal only:
• Motion blur applies accurately to our shell solution thanks to a custom solution that helps feed proper velocity values into each vertex.
• Deferred Anisotropic shading for hair and fur gives beautiful specular highlights, per – strand light scattering, color propagation and more.
• The tangents of our shell vertices are updated in real-time to feed into the anisotropic direction in the shader – meaning accurate directional highlights with no extra work.
• A procedural poisson-packing algorithm pre-calculates the position of every strand.
• Novel techniques allow driving Color, Density, Blending and Growth at a Per-strand level.
• No strands are partially colored
• Density controls actually remove individual strands and make a sparse density of strands
• Color blending at a per-strand level means we can avoid soft fades, and instead get strand colors that peppers and gradiate into each other properly.
• Our system allows for two layers of fur coats, with no extra geometry or fill rate
• Both the Undercoat and Overcoat (guard hairs) have individual controls for Scale, Coloring, scattering, roughness, density, and more. This allows for more accurate modeling of realistic animal features.
PERSONAL $19 (Unity or Unreal)
INDIE $99 (Unity or Unreal)
PRO $349 (Unreal)
Wrap3 changes the way you process 3D-scan data. When working with a large set of similar objects like human scans Wrap makes it possible to take an existing basemesh and non-rigidly fit it to each and every scan.
It also provides a set of very useful scan processing tools like decimation, mesh filtering, texture projection and many more. Thanks to node-graph architecture once you’ve processed a single scan you can apply the same recipe to an unlimited number of other scans.
Fast Character Creation
Wrap lets you convert a series of 3D-scans of actors to production ready characters sharing the same topology and texture coordinates
Given a series of 3D-scans of an actor’s facial expressions Wrap is used to generate a set of morph-targets for further animation
Wrapping a known topology around a full-body scan is a starting point to many autorigging tools
Wrap is widely used by virtual fitting room vendors. Fitting a body model with known topology makes it easy to adjust its shape, take measurements and a perform cloth simulation
Wrap3 is $375 for Win64 and Linux64
Manuel Bastioni Laboratory is a free and open source advanced tool to turn your Blender in a powerful laboratory for 3d humanoids creation. Models include a standard skeleton and a well tested rigging, developed in order to match most of external applications and motion capture files.
The skeleton is auto-fitted to morphings, without needing of geometry helpers. The new generation topology includes eyebrows, teeth, tongue, eyelashes, gum, and eyes as part of main mesh in order to morph them and easily export them in external software, without dealing with fitting/compatibility issues.
Meshes are optimized for subdivision surface and sculpting. Their topologies are studied to include many details (collarbone, elbow bones, ankle bones, main muscles, etc.).
Anthropological phenotypes library
Caucasian: Central European, Afrocaucasian, East European, North European, Euromediterranean, Euroartic, North West European, West Asian
Asian: Central Asian, North Asian, East Asian, South Asian, Central American, North American
Afro: Afromediterranean, Afroasian, Aboriginal, African
Algorithm to modify and finish the morphing in order to fit the expressions to the face shape. Morphings can be converted in standard Blender shapekeys. Automatic generation of random characters: introduction of special constrains, to allow the possibility to keep constant the characters heritage.
Substance Painter 2.3 features a full Photoshop export plugin. Layers, masks and even blending modes can now be transferred to Photoshop. Each channel is exported as its own PSD, so Diffuse, Normal, Height, and Roughness maps each import as a separate document with all layers preserved. Dynamic masks and effects are rasterized.
Other new features include texture pixel-padding and map background color options which can help hide seams on a mesh, a new clay shader preview, and image-based environment light baking.
more info on Allegorithmic‘s website:
The new CrazyTalk Animator 3 allows you to instantly turn 2D images and simple graphics into fully animatable characters in a fun and intuitive way like you have never done before. With the new and powerful FreeBone Tools you can align bone controls along any image shape, create separated bone layers, or subdivide a surface to smoothly squash, stretch, bend and animate any unique designs in just minutes.
Animate the way you always dreamed, by no longer key framing your character animations and simply aligning a bone template to character for instant animated results.
Features covered in Work In Progress I:
* Free Bone Control – instantly give life to any image, graphic or object.
* Character Bone Template vast motion libraries create cartoon style characters.
* Elastic Motion System organic performances for animations and presentations.
Know More about CrazyTalk Animator 3: