Archive For The “Unity Asset Store” Category
Lighting In A Bottle gives you effortless ray traced light maps. Watch your lighting render directly into your textures. You can even adjust settings live and watch the estimates update. Or just hit render and stop when you are happy with the quality.
Simple, easy to use, pure ray traced light mapping with live feedback.
NOTE: This editor tool will run only on windows 64 bit at the moment. A 32 bit windows version then an OSX version is planned.
• See your light maps render directly onto your objects, live in the editor window.
• Get sub second feedback on the render progress with samples per second, accurate time estimates and a pixel accurate progress bar.
• Use physically based area lights and adjust their size to get hard or soft shadows
• Set your bounces and get full global illumination complete with bounce light from your albedo textures.
• Use the integrated subdivision to render with a perfectly smooth version of your geometry, making your real time shading look even better.
• Flexible workflow renders with the uv set you choose and writes both .exr and .png files. Iterations are automatically versioned with your unity file.
• Intuitive error messages.
• Separate control over which objects are traced as part of the render as well as which objects are rendering maps.
• Fully multi-threaded with live control over the number of threads being used.
Eye Controller is an easy-to-use script that adds lifelike random eye movement and blinking to your characters.
– Controllable random blinking.
– Supports both random look direction and look at target modes, and can transition between them.
– Support for both blendshapes and bones.
– Supports both 3D meshes and 2D Sprites.
– Auto-target, finds and looks at marked objects when in-range.
– Highly customisable:
– Eye rotation range
– Eye turn speed
– New look direction rate
– Blink rate
– Blink speed
Offline Render is a easy to use, realtime capture plugin for Unity. It allows you to capture the game view to a multi-channel OpenEXR, supporting not just the final output image, but also some common elements, like depth, per-light shadows, diffuse, AO (if present in scene as an Image Effect) and other G-Buffers.
Offline Render allows you to render your Unity scenes and take them into a normal post-production pipeline using your favorite compositing software.
- multi-channel OpenEXR output
- Offscreen rendering
- setup target framerate
- 9 out of the box render elements (Diffuse, Specular, Emission/Lighting, Reflections, Depth, Velocity, Normals, AO, Motion Vectors)
requires deferred rendering path
shadow pass only works with directional lights
Cinemachine is unified procedural camera system for AAA games, film pre-visualization and virtual cinematography eSports solutions. Originally released last year, Cinemation was bought by Unity and the base rig is now free on the Asset Store.
Cinemachine’s CEO, Adam Myhill, has joined Unity as Head of Cinematics.
Cinemachine Base Rig includes these components:
Composer – cinematically tracks and composes whatever target you define, be it an object or bone in your character. It’s a smart camera operator which procedurally films the actions based on your direction of where you want it on screen.
Transposer – mount cameras to objects with real-time offset tuning and per-axis dampening controls
Noise multi-channel Perlin noise function which allows you to create anything from handheld behaviors to speed vibrations and everything in-between
Blender – define how any camera blends from one shot to the next. Easily create huge camera state machine setups for in-game cameras.
Priority Assign a priority to cameras and have the highest priority shot be used in any given situation.
Cinemachine can be seen in the cinematics of Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
Rove3D is a production quality pathtracer for use in interactive applications. It uses the same technology used in high-end CG films, with an efficiency that allows it to be used in interactive applications like arch-viz. The ultimate goal for Rove is to bring pathtracing to real-time applications, such as video games and simulations.
* Runs in Unity Indie and Pro.
* Renders directly to DirectX or OpenGL texture.
* Integrates with any existing GUI.
* Works with most image effects and post-processing.
* Runs on Linux, Windows, and Mac.
* Supports fully dynamic lights and geometry.
* Built-in dynamic physical sky environment.
* Multi-layered materials supporting isotropic/anistropic roughness.
* Uses OpenCL, running on AMD and Nvidia cards.
Unity Technologies have released parts of it’s Adam Demo cinematic, including four character models re-rigged for compatibility with Unity’s Mecanim system, an outdoor environment, and the interior that featured custom fog and area lights.
“The Interior Pack gives insight into how we put together this environment. You would not want to use this approach in most game dev scenarios, but it is applicable to the production of cinematics, cutscenes, trailers.”
The content is available on the Asset Store:
Adam Assets from Unity Technologies on the Asset Store