RetopoFlow 2 provides a powerful set of unified tools that all work side-by-side within a new retopology mode, creating a seamless workflow.
Tesselator by Flow Tools creates a low-poly quad mesh from a high-poly 3Dscan or sculpt in Blender by distributing particles evenly across the surface then connecting them with clean loops.
The tool can generate quads, triangles or quad-dominant remeshes. Options include symmetry, “grease-pencil” guides to direct loop flow, and high-poly painting for areas that need more detail.
The author states Tesselator’s auto-remesher is not a replacement for manual retopology, but for $8.50 it seems like an indispensable tool for low-poly baking and figure creation.
Bforartists stands for Be For Artists. A reminder to develop for the user, not the programmer.
Bforartists 1.0 is a fork of the open source 3d software Blender, with the full feature set of Blender 2.8 being represented by icons and a GUI interface, including some 90-odd commands that were previously key-stroke only.
Other interface quirks of Blender – like right-click to select and 4-finger keystrokes, are now more accessible to the casual user and indie artist who must be a jack of all trades.
BforArtist is available for Windows and osX (unbuilt Unix version is available on github)
Auto-Rig Pro is a set of tools to rig characters, retarget animations, and provide Fbx export for Unity and Unreal Engine.
- Automatic bone placement solver based on mesh recognition for bipeds characters. Asymmetrical models supported.
- Edit Reference Bones feature to modify the rig anytime you want. No need to redo everything if a bone is not where you want it to be.
- Modular: only use what you need. Choose the number of fingers, toes, add optional tail, ears, breasts. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig multi-peds creatures.
- Fingers auto-rotation option: bend when scaling the first phalange
- Easy controller shape edition
- Bone picker: Can be turned on/off, import/export presets. Customizable.
- Colors customization
- Cartoon compliant: Stretchy spine, legs, arms…
- IK-FK snap with autokey working, and snaps properly when unlocking all the leg/forearm rotation axis
- IK-FK controllers auto hide
- Hybrid IK pole / IK arrow vector
- Knees and elbows pinning
- Head rotation locked or free
- Bend all fingers in one click (fingers grasp), fist pre-defined pose, auto rotation of fingers phalanges from scale
- IK/FK eyes
- Auto-eyelid rotation
- Multiple Child-Of constraints support for the IK hands and feet to change their parent space any time (e.g. if the character is driving a car, hands on the wheel, then grab the car door)
- Complete set of secondary controllers for fine pose sculpt
- Advanced facial setup with automated placement
- Improved skinning based on Blender’s heatmaps. Auto-splitting of multiple elements. Compliant with the Voxel Heat Diffuse Skinning addon.
- Shape keys drivers creation tool
- Game engines support, FBX: Unity – Unreal Engine. Generic, Humanoid and Universal rig type
- Bone remapper to retarget any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations. IK support. BVH, FBX files compliant, e.g. Mixamo animations.
- Compliant with X-Muscle System for realistic muscles simulation
Manuel Bastioni Laboratory is a free and open source advanced tool to turn your Blender in a powerful laboratory for 3d humanoids creation. Models include a standard skeleton and a well tested rigging, developed in order to match most of external applications and motion capture files.
The skeleton is auto-fitted to morphings, without needing of geometry helpers. The new generation topology includes eyebrows, teeth, tongue, eyelashes, gum, and eyes as part of main mesh in order to morph them and easily export them in external software, without dealing with fitting/compatibility issues.
Meshes are optimized for subdivision surface and sculpting. Their topologies are studied to include many details (collarbone, elbow bones, ankle bones, main muscles, etc.).
Anthropological phenotypes library
Caucasian: Central European, Afrocaucasian, East European, North European, Euromediterranean, Euroartic, North West European, West Asian
Asian: Central Asian, North Asian, East Asian, South Asian, Central American, North American
Afro: Afromediterranean, Afroasian, Aboriginal, African
Algorithm to modify and finish the morphing in order to fit the expressions to the face shape. Morphings can be converted in standard Blender shapekeys. Automatic generation of random characters: introduction of special constrains, to allow the possibility to keep constant the characters heritage.