Rock, Paper, Shotgun‘s John Walker hosts a discussion on story in games. The panelists are: Chris Gardiner head writer at Failbetter Games, IF writer and critic Emily Short, and Inkle founder Jon Ingold .
Interactive fiction author Emily Short created a procedural generator for her project The Annals of the Parrigues – a spoof of quirky English guide books.
In her system she created 5 symbolic categories:
- Salt – dray, organized, orderly, colorless
- Beeswax – busy, diverse, warm, artisanal, chaotic
- Venom – brightly colored, ornate, sneaky, deceitful
- Mushroom – fertile, fermenting, growing and decaying
- Egg – simple, hierarchical, elegant, exclusive