Visual Novel Engine offers a code-free system to build branching narratives and cutscenes in Unity. Simply right-click in the hierarchy to set a scene background, add 2D actors and sound effects, create dialogs and choice menus, and trigger new scenes or branch conversations within the same scene. Version 2 adds the ability save/load scenes and user preferences so readers can pick up where they left off. Remarkably it’s only $5.
– Saving and Loading
– Up to 6 characters on-screen
– In-game font selection and font sizing
– Easily extendable source code
– Full sound support, including: voice clips, sound effects and background music
– Interactive Tutorial and example Save/Load menu
– No outside code needed.
– Options menu, saved between plays
– In-game Stats used for customizable Choices and If statements