Add the power of VLC (Video Lan Client) Media Player directly to Unity projects with a new paid plugin on the Asset Store.
VLC Media Player for Unity lets you play any video and codec directly from Unity on Windows: 4K and high bitrate is no problem anymore, since it’s rendered with Direct3D on your GPU.
* Play video in background (behind UI and 3D elements)
*Better performance at video start
*Fixed possible flickering at video start on slow computers
* Play any video: mkv, mp4, divx …
* Play in 4K with Direct3D on GPU even on older PCs
* Special VLC version is included in your build…
* or: you can use an installed VLC on the machine and save a bit of filesize
* Play videos from StreamingAssets or from any location accessible
* Fullscreen and Windowed playback
* Render Video on UI Elements
* Call control functions like Play() etc from your scripts
Works only on Windows at the moment. Future versions might bring OSX and Linux support.
Tested on PCs with Win 7, 8, 8.1, 10.